Use the radio button question type when you need respondents to select only one option from a set of possible responses.
Want to learn more about our question types? Enroll in our Question Types Overview course in the Lighthouse Academy!
- In the Survey Editor, click the Radio button Icon in the question menu, or drag the icon into place.
- Type or paste your question into the Question field.
- Type answers into the Answer field, and click the + icon to add additional answer options, up to 15. Use copy/paste to automatically populate answer options.
- Hover over the answer number and click the X to delete an answer.
- Activate the Randomize checkbox to shuffle the answer orders for each respondent.
- Click the anchor icon to the right of an answer option to lock the option in place on the list, despite randomization.
Note: if you have more than 10-12 options, consider using our Combobox, which will allow you to create a custom single choice drop-down box.
Further customize your question view by adding Images.
2. Analyzing Radio button results
On the results page, data from radio button questions displays as a bar chart.
- Hover over the bars on the chart to see deeper statistics.
- Click the chart menu in the upper righthand corner of the answer window to visualize answers in a Pie, Column, Percent Column, Bar, or Percent Bar Chart.
- All response details are displayed beneath the chart.
Take a test drive on real-world results for this question type! Explore a live demo report.