1. Using Quota Groups
If no changes are made to the default Quota Group, your survey will be organically fielded--there will be no balancing of any kind.
- Click the respective drop-down menus and sliders to adjust the demographic traits of your target audience.
- Click Add at the bottom of the group to add an additional quota group, or select a set of pre-configured groups from the Custom Quota Groups drop-down.
- Click the N or % above the first Quota Group to toggle proportion View Mode.
- Click in the text box to the left of a quota group to adjust the proportion of responses desired from that particular Quota Group. As you change the percentage or number, the proportions of other Quota Groups will automatically adjust.
- Click the lock icon to reset amounts.
Pro Tip: Quota Groups are not limited to the United States. You can create custom quota groups for any of the countries and it's included traits offered on the Target Market page!
2. Using Quota Balancing (US surveys only)
Balance your survey by the 2018 US Census at the total level in non-nested quota groups on up to five demographics: Gender, Age range, Region (location), Ethnicity/Race, or Household Income. It will try to achieve the percentages listed within an acceptable tolerance for each trait individually.
- Click the Demographic Quotas drop-down and select Quota balancing from the list.
- Click the checkmarks to select 2 or 3 traits to balance by.
Note: If balancing by 4 traits, N must be at least 800. If balancing by 5 traits, N must equal at least 1,000.
Note: To use Quota Balancing you need a minimum of two demographics. If you only want to balance on one demographic use the Quota Groups.
3. Important Considerations
- Quota Balancing requires a minimum of 400 respondents and can only be used when fielding surveys to US respondents.
- Quota Balancing should only be used on surveys in which your target market reflects the US Census, and has an incidence rate above 75%.
- To achieve the best fallout we recommend waiting until the survey completes to clean open-ended responses. You can wait until the survey completes to remove/reject and the survey will replace them automatically.
- If you are looking for something more custom or exact balance in the intersection of demographic traits you will need to use Quota Groups.
Note: this set of features only creates quotas on demographic traits. If you need to set a quota on a question in your survey, please reach out to chat or firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.