GIFs (graphics interchange format) are one of the most popular forms of shared media. We use them all the time in our help articles. They are a great way to demonstrate something in a short time frame. Which also makes them great for surveys!
Other reasons they work great in surveys:
- they generate more interest in your product or concept than a static image.
- they are easy to consume, better respondent retention = better data.
- GIFs can have a strong emotional impact on people, making your content relatable to your target market.
Convinced? Here is how to add them to your survey!
- Make sure the GIF is saved as the correct file extension (.gif).
- Drag and drop or select the image to add it anywhere you can add images in your survey.
- GIFs wont be animated in the Survey Editor, you will need to use the Quick Preview (or any preview mode) to test them.
- GIFs will play automatically if the image is expanded or if you hover over the thumbnail in most question types.
Let's see them in action - GIFs of GIFs!
When a GIF is expanded.
When a GIF is not expanded.
Take your survey to the next level by adding GIFs to showcase your concept, product, service, or more!