In aytm logic, references and aliases can be used in multiple ways, achieving a wide range of possible text and survey flow manipulations.
When references or aliases pointing to a question or a sub-question are used in survey flow operators without any additional modifiers, they are treated as a True/False, based on whether the respondent was exposed to (saw) the question or not. Exposure logic is only limited to references and aliases pointing to question or sub-question levels.
- [show if @selectedForDetailedInspection] - The alias @selectedForDetailedInspection was placed in a question, which only a portion of respondents saw. The logic was placed in a different question, restricting the exposure to only this particular subset of respondents.
- [show if Q5] - Same as above, but with a direct reference to the question, Q5 in this case
- [show if Q5SQ1] - Same as above, but referencing exposure to the first sub-question of Q5
- [skip to Q10 if Q5] - Skips respondent to the Q10, if respondent was exposed to Q5.
- [skip to Q10 if not Q5] - Skips respondent to the Q10, if respondent was NOT exposed to Q5